Monday, October 23, 2023

Fall Birthday Card

 



This morning I found I had some spare time so decided to spend a while making a card. I went to one of my favorite challenges, the Atlantic Heart Sketch Challenge, a weekly challenge that begins on Monday mornings and ends on Sunday evenings. This is Challenge #548, which is scheduled to close on Sunday, October 29, 2023. Below is the sketch:



Several weeks ago, I cut some patterned paper into strips with a plan to create a card but changed my mind and used a different technique. This morning, I took those strips out of the scrap heap and created my challenge card. I aligned each strip so the patterns were obvious and adhered them to cardstock. I added copper-toned foil strips in between the spaces of the strips. I recently saw someone use these foil strips but found the recommended source to be a bit pricey. I found less expensive ones at Amazon but experienced "Caveat Emptor". The metallic strips didn't adhere as well as I had hoped. All I can say is perhaps I should have paid the greater price!

The sentiment was stamped and added with foam tape. I die-cut two bows, backing the dark one with the white so it would stand out on the page. Foam tape provided additional dimension. Three hexagon-shaped dots were also added. The inside of the card was decorated with a few leftover diagonal strips.

Be sure to visit the AHSC 548 Blog and play along with this challenge.

I appreciate your comments...
Melanie

Materials
Stamp: Gina K "Natural Silhouettes" (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Scrapbook.com Harvest Collection (rust color)
Patterned Paper: Scrapbook.com Harvest Collection
Dies: Unbranded Bow Collection
Misc.: SU! hexagon dots & CTMH thin foam tape
Size: A2 (5.5" x 4.25")

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I love how you used the paper paper to create this card along with our sketch, totally awesome. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely birthday card. Super use of the sketch and terrific papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful job! Love the colour palette. Thanks for playing along at AHSC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous way to use those papers. I love the touch of gold, too. Thank you for joining the challenge at Atlantic Hearts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great take on the sketch, I love it! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete