Monday, October 30, 2023

Fall Is in the Air



When the fifth Monday of the month rolls around, it's time for our one-week challenge at Double Trouble Challenges. This challenge, #151, began on Monday, October 30, 2023, and will end on Sunday, November 5, 2023. This "Fifth-Monday" challenge theme is Something, Anything, Everything... meaning that Anything Goes! 

It's always a disappointment when Wink of Stella or other glitter products do not photograph well. My Slimline card has a pretty sparkle to it but the camera captured something that resembles sand rather than the gold "Pop Up Color".



As usual, Double Trouble Challenge has three "Things" to this challenge:

Thing 1 (required): Keep Trouble Maker happy by showing us your "Anything Goes" project.

Thing 2 (optional): Double Dare is hoping you will take a look at our previous challenge partners and link your project to at least one of them. You could earn extra chances in our Random Drawing and win a prize. I have linked my project at I Spy with My Little Eye #8, "Shades of Autumn".


Thing 3 (optional): If you happen to see circles in this challenge, it's because Twisted Sister has discovered it is "Look for Circles Day" on November 2, and is challenging you to use at least one circle shape on your project. My card is made with layered circles that have been cut in half. The technique is sometimes referred to as Layered Waves or Layered Circles and can be arranged in varying ways. I was inspired by the brisk winds that occur during Autumn when I arranged my elements. I found a sentiment in my stash, "Fall is in the air", and thought it worked perfectly to represent Autumn's sweeping winds. Adding a circle will give you another chance at our Random Drawing.

Onto a bright green card base, leaf-patterned paper was adhered. After arranging my half-circles onto white cardstock, I fussy-cut the arrangement, leaving a white rim, and then adhered it to the leaf-patterned card base front. A few fussy-cut images were adhered plus a stamped sentiment. The inside was lined with white cardstock, a few more fussy-cut images were added, and a sentiment, "In all things, give thanks," was stamped. As a final touch, "Pops of Color" glitter glue in gold was added to a few of the images.

Don't forget to visit the Double Trouble Challenge #151 Blog for complete details and check out I Spy with My Little Eye #8, Shades of Autumn.

Card Interior


 
I appreciate your visiting my blog and thank you for your comments.
Blessings...
Melanie

Materials
Stamps: Newton's Nook "Heartfelt Fall" (sentiment on card front); Colorado Craft Co. "Savvy Sentiments" (sentiment inside card)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: SU! Basic White; Scrapbook.com "Harvest Collection"
Paper: Photo Play "Leaves Are Falling"
Dies: Hero Arts Infinity Circles
Misc.: CTMH thin foam tape and "Pops of Color" (gold)
Size/Style: Slimline

5 comments:

  1. Love that circle swirly design - great way to incorporate lots of circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun design you made here, a truly fabulous fall card! So nice on the inside too!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at "I spy with my little eye"!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the beautiful Fall colors that fill your card!! I agree - it's always so disappointing how Wink of Stella just doesn't show up in pictures because it's always so pretty in person! But your card is wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the swirls of circles and the colors, and who doesn't like sparkle, just hard to photograph and show the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super card in lovely autumnal colours. Thanks so much for playing along with my theme of "Shades of Autumn" at Ellibelle's "I Spy With My Little Eye" challenge this month.
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete