Saturday, October 21, 2023

Let It Snow

Update: Top Three Winner at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge #547. 




It has been more than a year since I participated in one of my favorite challenges, Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenges. This is AHSC #547, which is one week in duration, beginning on Monday, October 16, 2023, and closing on Sunday, October 22, 2023. Below is the inspiration sketch.



I recently received a die set called Skinny Snowmen so I decided to put it to use with this challenge. The die has seven snow people of varying heights plus the scarves and hats. Coloring the details on the snow people was a little time-consuming but I enjoyed making the card. I backed the figures with strips of black cardstock so the tiny die-cut openings for the eyes and buttons would appear black. The die also embossed the smiles, which I dotted with a black fine-tip pen. The hats and scarves were colored with markers and adhered.

Wanting just a light touch of snow on the blue panel, the ocean wave stencil and white craft ink seemed to work just fine. I kept it pale so as not to distract from the images. After arranging and adhering the snow people, I added the vellum banner with the word "Snow" die-cut in blue and backed with white, adding the text, LET IT. A few rhinestones were added for sparkle. The finished panel was adhered to a white card base and the inside of the card was decorated with three extra snow people.

If you enjoy using sketches, then you will enjoy playing along weekly at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenges.


I appreciate your visiting my blog and thank you for your comments.
Blessings...
Melanie

Materials
Inks/Markers: Stampin' Up! Craft (white pigment); markers borrowed from my sister
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Basic Black, Boho Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Vellum
Dies: Kokorosa "Skinny Snowmen" & Impression Obsession "Let It Snow"
Stencil: "Wave Strips" by Clear Scraps 
Misc.: Rhinestones

7 comments:

  1. Wow! This is super cute! I love all those snowmen! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my!!! Melanie these are the cutest ever! SO glad to see you at AHSC. What a clever use of the sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the cutest idea ever! I love those slim snowmen - wonderful way to interpret this challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness gracious this is super adorable. Those slim snowmen are perfect for the sketch. I'm going to have to add these dies to my wish list. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! What a fun and unique take on the sketch. I love all the different snow men, so adorable! ! Thanks for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely clever use of the sketch and fantastic card.

    ReplyDelete