Friday, October 6, 2023

Mandala Art from India





After a hiatus from card challenges and a lengthy move across the country, I am finally ready to resume my activities and rejoin the Design Team at Color My Heart Color Dare Challenges.

Above is my card for the Triple Play Challenge #569. I had not planned to resume participating until Challenge #571 but at the last minute, I rounded up some supplies and finished just in time. 


My sister, Mary, recently returned to the USA after living and working in Asia for 18 years. She had the opportunity to travel to many places, including the famous Taj Mahal Mausoleum, one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World, built about 1632 in Agra, India. She picked up an assortment of pretty designs on paper for me, knowing that I would enjoy using them in cardmaking. 
This mandala is one of those designs, printed in red ink and metallic gold on handmade ivory paper. 

Because mandalas have a spiritual significance, I stayed focused on the image, incorporating the required challenge colors with simple layering. In addition to red, orange, and yellow paper, I added black cardstock. I elected to omit a sentiment simply because I don't think the card needs one. The card base is white and the inside is unembellished leaving plenty of space for a personal note. I rarely create square cards but I like a square shape for the mandala.

We hope you'll join us over at the Color Dare Challenge #569 Blog for this fun color challenge. Our challenges are biweekly with a new challenge beginning each Friday, so we always have an active challenge underway. Our next challenge begins on Friday, October 13, and this challenge closes on Thursday, October 19, 2023.

I appreciate your visiting my blog and thank you for your comments.
Blessings...
Melanie

Materials
Image: Mandala design on handmade paper (a gift from India)
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White & Basic Black
Paper: Astrobrights multi-purpose in Re-entry Red, Cosmic Orange, and Solar Yellow

Size: 5.5" x 5.5"

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous mandala with all the layers behind it. Lovely! It’s so good to see you creating beautiful cards once again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great idea... a gift to be regifted, so special. The color framing is perfect and doesn't take away from the beauty of the mandala. Welcome back to Color Dare, looking forward to your next creations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! I love the mandala and that your sister picked these up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is absolutely gorgeous! The layering is perfect & really helps the mandala shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mandala is just stunning! I love that you made it the star and only added the layers of colored cs.

    ReplyDelete