Friday, October 20, 2023

Lapoo Lotus Birthday Card



It's time again for a color challenge at Color My Heart Color Dare. Challenge #571 began on Friday, October 20, 2023, and will close on Thursday, November 2, 2023. The requirements make this challenge one of my favorites. I really enjoy creating black and white cards with a punch of color.

This time, I decided to go with a soft punch by using a pretty pastel pink color. I was inspired by a scrap of patterned paper that I used on the card. The pretty pink and gold hearts in the paper design along with the tiny black keys simply caught my eye. 


To create the card I simply die-cut the flower pieces and circles and adhered them to a card base of layered cardstock. The sentiment was stamped and popped up with foam tape for dimension. The inside of the card was decorated with another gold-backed circle and a pink flower. My sister-in-law will be celebrating her birthday in two weeks so I will be mailing this card to her.

Our challenges are biweekly, with a new challenge beginning each Friday, so we always have an open challenge. Please visit our Challenge Blog for details to play along with us.

I appreciate your visiting my blog and thank you for your comments.
Blessings...
Melanie

Materials
Stamp: Concord & 9th (sentiment)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black 
Cardstock: Stampin' Up! Basic White, Basic Black, Bubble Bath, Gold Foil
Paper: Spellbinders "Love Grows Here" Collection 
Die: Hero Arts Infinity Circles and Lapoo Sacred Lotus
Misc.: CTMH thin foam tape
Size: A2 (5.5" x 4.25")


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty with the soft pink and gold against the black :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the delicate flower in pink. Pink and Black go so well together and you've used them well. I love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The soft pink with the gold is perfect! Love the flower thin cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combination on this really cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pretty pink floral really pops against the black background, and using the gold foil is a fun add to your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! I love the pink with the black and gold.

    ReplyDelete